For more than 150 years, the Mission Investment Fund and its predecessors have been financing church-related building projects and land purchases. Currently, we have more than 900 loans totaling more than $550 million at work in ELCA congregations and ELCA-related ministries across the country.
Why consider using the Mission Investment Fund to finance your congregation or ministry’s next building project or land purchase?
- We specialize in church building projects. This includes helping you plan and finance building projects and land purchases, as well as creating a mission-focused financing plan that meets the unique needs of your ministry. We can also refinance loans with other lenders.
- We can finance the construction phase of your project.
- We offer competitive terms and rates. Unlike many commercial lending institutions, the Mission Investment Fund does not charge points or loan origination fees. MIF has only one fee: a document preparation charge for long-term loans.
- We offer project expertise. Our Church Building Consultants provide counsel to congregations on building and renovation projects. The consultants and our Regional Managers can also provide information about loans and investments.
- The faithful stewardship of Lutheran ministries funds our loans. When you finance your building project through MIF, we reinvest your interest payments in loans for other church building projects and land purchases throughout the ELCA.
Who qualifies for a Mission Investment Fund loan?
ELCA mission congregations, established ELCA congregations, synods, and ELCA-related ministries such as seminaries, colleges, universities, social ministry organizations and outdoor ministries, have applied for and received low-interest loans from the Mission Investment Fund. All ELCA congregations and ELCA-related ministries that are investors in the Mission Investment Fund are eligible to apply for an MIF loan.